- About Us
- Corner Books
- Contact Info
Store Hours: Tue-Sat 10am-5pm
Corner Books opened on May 22, 2010 in a small space on The Boardwalk in Tiburon. It sells ‘gently used’ books, DVDs and CDs donated by community members. It is staffed entirely by volunteers. All proceeds benefit the Library.
The store is managed by Kay Smith and Heather Lobdell.
Corner Books, located at 1550 Tiburon Blvd., is open from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Gift cards are available for purchase.
Corner Books is staffed entirely by community volunteers. If you are interested in learning more about how to volunteer to work in the book shop, please call Kay Smith or Heather Lobdell at 415-789-5000, drop by the store and add your name to the volunteer sign-up sheet or leave an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations of up to 3 bags or boxes of materials may be brought to Corner Books during open hours. For larger donations, please call the Circulation Department (415-789-2665 x222) to arrange a time to drop off your donation at the Library’s storage shed. At this time we are unable to offer donation pick-ups, but we hope to provide this service in the future.
All donations are tax deductible: at the time of your donation we will give you a signed receipt. It will be your responsibility to set the value of the donation.
Additional questions may be directed to Corner Books at (415) 789-5000.
- Condition should be very good to like new. In particular, we are unable to accept books and other items that are moldy, musty, damp, warped, or badly spotted.
- How to spot a book in very good or better condition: Spine intact, no highlighting, cover/jacket clean with few marks or wrinkles or discoloration, minimal dog-earing of pages, cover corners not badly bent, pages not yellowed.
- Types of books that are most desirable: Recently published fiction and mystery hardcovers, large paperback fiction and mystery, cookbooks, recently published travel books, children’s books, gardening, history, art books, home décor, antiquarian and collectible books.
- Types of books we are unable to sell, even if they are in great condition: Out-of-date computer, medical, weight loss, and business books (typically those published before 2011); Reader’s Digest Condensed Books; bound catalogs and brochures.
CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD:
- Cases should be intact
- Discs should show be in good condition, with few scratches
- Multi-disc sets should be complete
- We are unable to accept magazines (including National Geographic), videocassettes, or cassette tapes